About the University
The University of Macquarie is located in Sydney, Australia and was established in 1964. It is renowned for its beautiful infrastructure, diverse programs that are offered, and its diverse student body. This University accommodates individuals from all over the World. Its scholarship programs are also part of the overall success and the success rate of its students. The University of Macquarie is ranked among the first 2% of the top universities in the World. It is no doubt very credible and accredited. But before we get elbows deep into the work of appreciating Macquarie University, let’s talk about the admission process and how you can get yourself enrolled into Macquarie.
Why choose Macquarie
- We are all aware of the ever-changing form of the job market, and today, maybe half of the World has realised that 50% of the jobs available today will be outdated in 10 years to come. AS such, Macquarie thrives on its ideology to prepare its students for the future by equipping them with all the necessary skills to help them survive and reinvent themselves in the market no matter the circumstances, thereby increasing employability.
- The University assists its students and other students worldwide and through their education by handing out millions of dollars in scholarships annually. Scholarships are awarded to individuals with particular financial limitations or other challenges in other areas of their academic life.
- Macquarie University is also known for its formidable foreign exchange program, which offers its students an opportunity to go to other countries and work in the fields for a certain period. This enables them to gain desirable job experience and extra school credits. So, as an individual studying at Macquarie, you have the opportunity to gain first-hand knowledge of what the business world looks like and also get immersed in other cultures even before graduation.
- Students are allowed to work for the top companies in their respective fields before graduation. This opportunity is granted to students based on skill, creativity, initiative and agility, and it is provided to them via award programs. One of which is known as Professional and Community Engagement (PACE). The other is the Global Leadership Program which is aimed at helping leaders or potential leaders develop their skills, employ global issues and thrive for innovation.
- As we have already mentioned above, Macquarie is one of the best universities globally. It is also known for its beautiful infrastructure and other facilities like the library containing a broad scope of information and other sporting facilities.
The University of Macquarie has slightly different application procedures for domestic and students. Then Macquarie University is like a layered chocolate cake. The deeper you dig, the more layers you’ll find.
- Entry requirements for domestic undergraduate students
My query holds high to your standard for the UAC performance for undergraduate students. This can play a significant role in increasing your enrollment chances.
The University board is aware that people from different walks of life having different cultures and backgrounds come to the University to study; therefore, they bring different strengths, interests, weaknesses, and personal disabilities to their study environment. So, the Macquarie entry procedure has been designed to accommodate everybody from every possible rank of life.
- Entry requirements for domestic postgraduates students
Are you a postgraduate student studying for a master’s degree in research or any coursework at any higher education institute? Them Macquarie is the right University for you because it offers diverse coursework opportunities and uses very advanced teaching techniques. To be eligible for a masters program in Macquarie, an individual must be a holder of a bachelor’s degree in the same field or another relatively important area or recognised in the institution. On the other hand, for an individual to apply for a PhD program in research, then this individual must show research experience from other studies.
- Entry requirements for Foreign Students
The Macquarie University study program is designed to accommodate all globally significant challenges. That’s why students from all over the world who wish to pursue a masters or PhD degree can succeed at Macquarie University. For an individual to be qualified for a masters degree program, this individual must be a hold of a degree program which is equivalent or recognised in the University same goes for masters or a PhD in research individual must show research experience computer studies
- Foreign entry requirements for foreign undergraduate students
For international students wishing to apply to the universities to study any course or degree program of their choice, the following conditions are expected of them;
- English requirements equal to (IELTS 6.5) is needed
- An Internationally recognised secondary school qualification certificate
- An internationally recognised University Foundation course with a two or three years diploma which is recognised
- A 12 months University degree from an internationally recognised institution
- English language requirements
Macquarie University has specific entry requirements, especially for English and special English needs, like any university worldwide. Now, most universities require just an English proficiency test, but Macquarie’s standard English requirements are equal to ( IELTS 6.5). The English results can be accepted when;
- It would be best if you had qualifications from an approved country.
- You need to complete an approved language test
- And also study at an authorised English centre.
The general application process into the Macquarie University
Macquarie may be one of the World’s top universities. Still, the application process is quite simple, and below we have provided you with a step-by-step process on how to go about your application process.
- The first thing you want to do is to choose your course option. Here you have the task of studying all of the University’s programs and selecting the course(s) that best aligns with your academic goals.
- The next thing to do is to compile and submit your paperwork. Depending on if you’re applying online or on-site, you will need the following documents; an English language proficiency proof test, your passport, and other personal documents such as a birth certificate( in case your passport is unavailable). Your school transcript
Note: It is important to note that all documents must be certified if you are to submit hard copies.
- After submitting, the next thing you have to do is wait for a confirmation message from the Admission Board. If you meet the enrollment requirements, you will be sent an offer of enrollment message by the University via email or by post.
- The next thing you have to do is to accept the offer and proceed by paying your fees.
- Now, all you have to do is wait for a confirmation message sent to you by the email address you made available on your application form.
- You need to apply next once you receive the confirmation email, which is usually a Confirmation Of Enrollment(COE) email for international students. This can be done using your COE document at the Department of Home Affairs for your student visa.
- Next, you need to apply for accommodation and then make transportation arrangements.
To enrol at Macquarie University, you need to ensure all the required documents. These documents may apply to both home and international students depending on the particular degree they wish to apply for. They’re three types of documents required;
- Proof of Academic qualifications Documents
You are expected to provide information or documents relative to your previous study life and achievements, for example, official transcripts from prior studies, testimonials or awards in your previous universities, the abstract and a copy of a thesis if you did one.
- Identification documents
These are documents used to ensure that you are who you say you are. They include a passport, copies of the birth certificate if available Australian visa and English proficiency test results.
- Other additional documents
You must provide your scholarship if any. These documents are meant to support any claim awards or publication, for example, books, chapters or articles. If you are transferring from another University or institution in Australia, you must provide the program in detail and your study mode.
It is also essential to know that if any of these documents are not in English, you need to translate them to English and if they are to be submitted in hard copies, they need to be certified.
When applying to any University, you need to be conscious of your application deadline. You don’t want to apply close to the deadline or after you want to apply ahead of time. This gives you time to evaluate any mistakes you may have made.
For the first semester of 2022, the deadline for application for domestic students is 12 of December 2021 and for international students for 12 of December 2021. For the second term of the academic year of 2022, domestic applicants have the deadline of the 20 of March 2022, while for international applicants, the deadline is a seat of march 2022.
For the third semester, the deadline for students’ homes is the 12 of June 2022, and for international students, it is the 12 of May 2022. And for the last but not a minor term of the year, the deadline for domestic applicants is 24 of September 2022, and that for foreign applicants is 21 of August 2022.
We are sure that by now you get a big idea that Macquarie University is a great choice to pursue your undergraduate, postgraduate, masters, and any degree program of your choice. Its diversity is designed to accommodate people from different walks of life, different cultures, domestic backgrounds and different belief systems. All you have to do is pick out what program you wish to pursue, send in your application following all the steps, and the rest is history.
- Is Macquarie University a good University?
Macquarie is ranked among the top 2% of best universities globally, and it has a five-star rating. As aforementioned, it is renowned for producing very influential individuals in society as graduates who are highly sought after in all industries globally.
- Is it hard to get into Macquarie University?
No university is easy to get into per se, least of all highly ranked universities. The University of Macquarie has an acceptance rate of 40%.