Academic work alone is not enough to succeed in the real world of work hence the need to undertake internships even before graduating from the university. These internships could either be insights, paid, unpaid, partially-paid, virtual or returnship. However, we are only looking at virtual internships in this write-up.
What is a Virtual Internship?
Internships, as you know, are normally offered to students and graduates to acquire the necessary experience in their area of study. Hence, when we talk of a Virtual Internship, that aspect of the internship is done mainly via phone, email, and web communication such as a webinar.
Virtual Internships or online internships give students and graduates the opportunity to obtain quality work experience from their comfort zones without being present in an office. This type of internship is even more relevant in this pandemic period, where social distancing has become the order of the day.
Free Online Internships with Certificates 2022
Just as is done in traditional Internships, certificates are given to online interns as well. This helps to prove an intern indeed got some working experience through an online internship which helps to boost his/her CV.
Forage Virtual Internships
Forage, formerly known as InsideSherpa, is a platform that offers graduates and students the opportunity to gain quality work experience via online with any of their partner companies. It is absolutely free to enrol in any of Forage’s virtual internships just like any other virtual internship, and the good news also is that you will be given certificates at the end.
All you have to do is visit www.theforage.com to register and access the many companies offering virtual internships. It doesn’t matter which country you are in; Forage Virtual Internships are available to everyone. Companies under the Forage Virtual internships you can enrol include;
- Accenture Australia
- Accenture Nordics
- Accenture North America
- Accenture UK
- Arnold Bloch Leibler
- Australian Society for HIV, Viral Hepatitis and Sexual Health Medicine
- Baker McKenzie
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators and Careers in Arbitration
- Citi APAC
- Clifford Chance
- Fidelity International
How To Apply For Free Online Internship With Certificates Through Forage
Applying for a free online internship with certificates via Forage is quite simple. Follow these easy steps to enrol;
- Visit www.theforage.com and click “Register”
- Create a Forage account
- Virtual programs fitting for you will be suggested to you based on the information you provided.
- Select a company you prefer and click “Enrol Now.”
- You can now join the free online internship you enrolled in anytime you prefer.
Requirements of Free Online Internships
There are basically no formal requirements to enrol in a free online internship program. However, take note of the following;
- Strong internet connection
- Computer, tablet or a mobile device
- Location is not a barrier as it is accessible to everyone no matter which country you are in
- No strict academic requirements
Benefits of a Free Online Internship
- One thing Virtual internships offer is the ability to work at your own pace at any time without having to follow a strict timetable.
- It also gives you the opportunity to broaden your network due to the many people you will be exposed to while enrolled in a virtual internship.
- It enriches your CV. You will be given certificates the same way is done in the face-to-face internship, which can be added to your CV.
- Acquire skills that enable you to be competitive in your field, increasing your chances of being employed after graduation.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
Q1. What is the difference between an Online/virtual internship and a traditional internship?
Virtual internships require no applications as they are available to all. You get to follow your own timetable as compared to the traditional internships where you are required to follow the set schedules of the company.
Unlike the face-to-face internship, you don’t have to be physically present to do a virtual internship. Virtual internships allow interns to work with foreign companies from their comfort zones without travelling.
Q2. Will I be paid after completing an online internship?
You’re not paid for enrolling in an online internship program. You may be paid some allowance depending on the company/organization. However, that shouldn’t be a cause for worry as the main idea is to equip you with skills and experience at no cost to you that will help you in your career.
Q3. Can I put my virtual internship certificate on my CV/Resume?
Yes! Virtual internship certificates also qualify to be put on your CV/Resume and are recognized by employers when considering you for employment.
Q4. Which companies offer virtual internship opportunities?
There are a lot of companies offering virtual internship opportunities to the student. In order to easily find out which companies are available, you can visit www.theforage.com to register and have access to companies offering virtual internships.
Q5. Are virtual internships necessary?
Yes! Virtual internships are as helpful as any other type of internship. Don’t be deceived into thinking that you only have to be present at an office to have a meaningful internship. It offers you the opportunity to work at your own pace whiles equipping you with skills relevant to your field.